The Parks & Recreation Department’s 2021 Music in the Park Series is back, beginning with live performances July 8, 2021, at Plaza de Las Cruces. The series will include an eclectic mix of performances from local, regional, and nationally recognized artists. Sunday Night Music in the Park will begin at 7 p.m., July 11 – August 29, 2021, at Young Park, 1905 E. Nevada Ave. Thursday Night Music on the Plaza begins at 8 p.m., July 8 and 22, August 12 and 26, at the Plaza de Las Cruces, 100 N. Main St.
Featured performers include New Mexico Spanish music icon Darren Cordova y Calor, El Paso’s Fungi Mungle, and Las Cruces favorite Latin Funktion Project. The Music in the Park Series highlights the great talent and diversity of Las Cruces and southern New Mexico music. Each year more than 70 percent of the scheduled musicians are from the Las Cruces area. The schedule, times, and locations are subject to change. For more information on the Music in the Park Series, call the Parks & Recreation Department at 575-541-2550.
Sunday Night Music in the Park / Thursday Night Music on the Plaza
- July 8 – Plaza de Las Cruces – J.A.M. and Fanny Pack Bradas
- July 11 – Young Park – Soul Sacrifice and Rockabilly Strangers
- July 18 – Young Park – Remember Then and Solid Gold
- July 22 – Plaza de Las Cruces – Old Time Pharmaceutical and Camarata del Sol
- July 25 – Young Park – Locomotion and Una Mas
- August 1 – Young Park – Latin Funktion Project and Monochrome Jazz Quartet & Friends
- August 8 – Young Park – David & Company and Joshua Lucero
- August 12 – Plaza de Las Cruces – Cadillac Kings & Fast Lanes and The Starliners
- August 15 – Young Park – Darren Cordova y Calor
- August 22 – Young Park – Fungi Mungle and Joseph General Band
- August 26 – Plaza de Las Cruces – Derrick Harris Band and Caliente
- August 29 – Young Park – Sam’s Town and Calista
For more information on what’s happening in and around Las Cruces, visit our comprehensive events calendar.
Posted by LasCruces.com